Here are some of the talking points from the interview...
- The Constitution of the US is NOT a theological document.
- Every American deserves equal rights under the constitution.
- Will churches and pastors be protected from being forced to perform/host same-sex marriages under this ruling?
- Full agreement, even on moral issues is not necessary to love our neighbor as Christ commanded.
- American citizens, especially Christians, need to listen to the opposing view point.
- Don’t simply grandstand your opinions on social media, have a respectful and loving conversation.
The big takeaway from the interview was Americans, especially American Christians must not put our heads in the sand and home the “pros” handle these issues for us. We must take the initiative to educate ourselves both politically, legally, socially and Biblically.
Attorney May provided some great links to resources that would make a great first step in learning more about this issue.
I will make it my practice when discussing this issue, to remind ALL my readers/listeners that just as I stand by my convictions opposing homosexuality/same-sex marriage, I also stand by my conviction that loving my neighbor is MORE important than our differences of opinion…both of those convictions come from the same Bible.